Key accountabilities will include:
- Develop MEP Design Briefs for Designers to implement, ensuring conformity to Porto Montenegro standards;
- Work with the Quantity Surveyors to develop cost estimates for MEP works, starting from early feasibility stage through to Detailed Design Phase; recommend alternative MEP solutions that enhance value to the Client;
- Review ongoing design and advise any amendments in terms of completeness of drawings and specifications, buildability, cost effectiveness or local availability of materials or skills;
- Take part in inter-disciplinary reviews, ensuring MEP design is properly coordinated with all other design disciplines.
- Work with the commercial team to develop tender documentation for the MEP scope of works;
- Review tender submissions and advise on MEP technical and commercial considerations prior to contract award.
- Manage individual MEP contractors /sub-contractors in terms of time, cost and quality performance; provide early warnings of any risks, especially in relation to the achievement of Milestone Dates;
- Manage ‘method statements’ and ‘submittals’ procedures related to the MEP package;
- Work proactively with the Design Team, Quantity Surveyors, MEP contractors / sub-contractors to identify and implement Value Engineering solutions;
- Define the scope of Commissioning Consultants and manage the commissioning process between the Commissioning Engineers and MEP contractors / sub-contractors;
- Undertake snagging of MEP items on completion of the work and manage the MEP contractor / sub-contractor to rectify any defects;
- Undertake a final inspection at the end of the Defects Liability Period. Manage the rectification of any latent defects by the MEP contractor / sub-contractor.
A successful MEP Engineer will have the following:
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum 10 years of managing MEP works on large construction sites in this region;
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite of products and CAD Applications;
- Fluency in Montenegrin and English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent management and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member;
- Ability to effectively and concisely present information;
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable status reports to project management team.
Deadline for applications is 12 noon, Monday 18 December 2017.
If you meet all of the above criteria then please apply using the option KONKURIŠITE NA OGLAS.
All applications must be in English.