Through master planning of the estate’s sequential development, Porto Montenegro is planning a series of large-scale, mixed-use development district projects over the next 10 years as part of its ongoing evolution. These districts collectively represent a peerless waterfront destination and super yachting hub in the Central/Eastern Mediterranean.
Our newest neighborhood Boka Place district is currently under construction with a planned completion date in Q4 2023. Discover more at: https://portomontenegro.com/real-estate/boka-place/
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a seasoned professional experienced in the leasing of retail and leisure, and also small scale office product, to join our Retail Team as the:
On completed and retained retail, leisure and office development, the Leasing Manager will work on sustaining high levels of high value, synergistic tenant occupancy and rental revenue in these assets, according to an agreed, generally high-end, boutique tenant mix strategy.
On Boka Place, the Leasing Manager will work closely with the Centre Asset Manager to plan and implement the optimum program of pre-leasing and post-opening re-leasing to an agreed tenant mix and program linked to banking pre-let requirements and ultimate, optimum, sustainable asset trading and based on an upper mid-market tenant mix strategy.
The Leasing Manager will report to the Senior Retail Manager/Head of Commercial Leasing and will be supported by the wider team including hospitality and retail management teams and by third party service providers.
- Conduct and commission market research to maintain a well-informed oversight of the applicable markets, tenant evolution/strategies and competitive landscape;
- Maintain a high level of competitive and high-performing occupancy in retained retail, leisure and office assets according to agreed and optimized tenant mix and commercial terms strategies;
- Continually review, improve and optimize the base village lease as the village and its surrounding market matures in terms of viable commercial terms targeted at a healthy, sustainable and profitable tenancy across the whole retained estate;
- Achieve pre-letting and ultimate commercial targets for new developments according to agreed, synergistic and sustainable leasing strategies;
- Create strategic briefs for marketing strategies designed to support leasing objectives for existing and new developments and work with marketing providers to ensure timely delivery of supporting marketing campaigns;
- Maintain schedules of target tenants for all areas and where not present in the market, develop strategies for bringing them via new or existing franchise organizations;
- Identify, brief, competitively recruit and thereafter proactively manage third party leasing agents to support achievement of leasing strategies and targets;
- Agree with internal departmental management, commercial terms to offer to target tenants, issue and negotiate terms (through leasing agents where applicable);
- Work with internal legal and estate teams, document and arrange execution and notarization (where applicable of Heads Of Terms, Agreements To Lease and Lease documentation);
- Provide inputs for preparation, then comment and review lease agreements drafts and other lease-related legal documentation;
- Lead the communication between tenants and internal estate and development teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery of tenant fit-outs according to approved designs, commercial terms and wider village rules and ongoing activities and technical and operational constraints;
- Produce and present to senior management, regular reports on leasing vs. targets and strategy; provide a variety of statistics reporting;
- Respond to queries relating to commercial lease terms associated with assets which are let and in occupation and use, as they arise through the asset management and tenant coordinators team;
- Manage tenant churn and re-letting going forward;
- Supervise warehouse operations which may include overseeing the shipments, liaising with Retailers, Customs Office and forwarding agents.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as manager with commercially minded agency or owner of shopping centre assets;
- Calm, deep-thinking and professionally tenacious manager with a self-motivated desire to optimize short and long-term property value performance through astute leasing and capable of working under pressure of development and investment asset performance expectations;
- Capable of strategic thinking in terms of marketing, leasing and competitive trading strategies and detailed thinking in terms of operational delivery, efficiency and compliance and monitoring, reporting and optimization of leasing performance;
- Creative thinker in terms of marketing and negotiation of leases to create synergies and drive value both direct from main formal and secondary casual leasing;
- Proficient in understanding, interpreting and developing legal documents;
- Proficient analytical skills and attention to detail regarding lease complexities;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Word and Excel;
- Impeccable command in both English and local language; knowledge of Italian language desired but not essential;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, then please get in touch. All applications will be treated with confidentiality, and circulation of candidate information shall be limited to internal administration relative to the recruiting process.
Please submit and complete your application in confidence to: Human Resources, Adriatic Marinas d.o.o. via https://careers.portomontenegro.com/jobs/leasing-manager-ndi.
Porto Montenegro is an equal opportunity employer and selects employees on the basis of experience, qualifications, ability, intelligence, character and motivation.
All persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of the race, color, nationality, social or ethnic origin, affiliation with a minority national community, native language, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual preference, age, marital or family status, wealth, membership in political organizations, disability, medical condition including pregnancy, or any other personal characteristics.