Purpose of Position
The only person responsible for preparation of all meals onboard. Daily 16-20 persons. To ensure safe, quality food production and full guest satisfaction. Responsible for implementing and maintaining all standards set by the Corporate Office.
- Responsible for preparation of all meals onboard for guests and crew, following quality and cleanliness standards.
- Required to follow menus, recipes, methods and specifications as per company standards.
- Must communicate with guests in a positive and composed manner and be able to accept criticism in a positive manner.
- Must produce and maintain the highest food quality and control for all goods/products served in all areas, according to company standards.
- Must work within set food-cost budgets, par levels, portion control and adjust food requisitions to avoid any possible overproduction.
- Fully responsible for all galley equipment and the seasonal galley equipment budget projection.
- Must constantly strive to upgrade the food quality and presentation, and establish the necessary control to maintain a consistently high level of production.
- Conduct a daily morning meeting with Captain and Steward to discuss daily operational issues, daily activities, menus and forecast figures.
- Conduct a weekly Inventory
- Keep a direct communication flow with the Operations and Management team for any provision related matters
- Fully responsible for the equipment store (ordering, receiving, issuing and maintaining par levels).
- Must compile and submit reports reflecting the cruise and its activities/occurrences.
- Must adjust menus according to merchandise availability and unexpected shortages.
- Must be familiar with the Human Resources Manual and Shipboard Training.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the working hours policy and procedures and how to apply it in the workplace.
- Control overtime and apply working hour’s policies and procedures accordingly (work within the set budget parameters).
- Ensure that food preparation/handling is done in accordance with USPH standards.
- Following grooming policies (hygiene, grooming, personal appearance, uniform, dress code)
- Work in and as part of a team, not making any changes in the operation/menu without the approval and knowledge of the Management Team.
- Fully accountable for the control and maintenance of all equipment in the galley, any damages/malfunctions being documented and immediately reported and followed up with all parties involved.
- Check the cleanliness and storage of Equipment in all Galley Outlets and adjacent areas.
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality; be well groomed, and presentable.
- Health: Must be physically fit and in good health, able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and work a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Advanced Culinary Skills.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years in the profession (Quality Hotels and Restaurants).
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take pride in their work. Adherence to
- Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success on the job.
- Profile: Team player, open-minded and flexible.
- Seasonal job from the end of April until the beginning of October (dates still have to be defined).
- Monthly salary plus weekly tips to be shared with other 3 crew members.
- Being present always on the ship.
- Cruising area: Montenegro Coast.
- Seasonal bonus for those who comply with company regulations and policy.
Interested candidates can apply using the option KONKURIŠITE NA OGLAS.