HR company WEON for the client - one of the single largest foreign direct investors in Montenegro that owns the properties on the Montenegrin coast for the purposes of development of hotel and tourist complexes of the highest category, is looking for experienced professionals for the position of:
- Full legal support of operations of the group in Montenegro (the group includes one legal entity in the process of splitting into three legal entities and targets to have 7-10 employees), including:
- drafting and negotiating contractual documentation, including standard documents, and other legal documents,
- establishing and organizing legal and corporate / administrative processes,
- ensuring compliance of the group with all local laws,
- assisting external lawyers in representing the company in courts as may be required, or representing the company independently (depending on the complexity of the case and provided the candidate is admitted to bar),
- providing updates to the team members on developments of local legislation,
- preparing and filing all necessary documents to the government institutions, as required by the law,
- legal support of all HR matters;
- Project work (currently one large active hotel development project at early design stage; 3 more projects in pipeline) in respect of the current project:
- participation in structuring of contractual relations with contractors and advisors preparing various legal documents relating to development of real estate,
- liaising with the authorities and obtaining construction and other permits,
- drafting and negotiating transaction documents relating to construction with various contractors, advisers etc. (with or without assistance of external lawyers),
- legal support of raising financing (if applicable);
- All other legal ad hoc or regular operational and project related activities.
Requirements to the candidates:
- Degree in law.
Past employment experience:
- Minimum 4 years of legal PQE at a law firm or in house with a substantial "hands-on" experience.
- Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word (including formatting, redline etc.), PowerPoint, Excel;
- Experienced user of Google for Work (or any other cloud based applications) is a big plus.
Key knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Good knowledge of Montenegrin law with a focus on: real estate, corporate and contractual law;
- Experience in legal support of development projects. Preferably experience in drafting and negotiating project design, construction contracts, sale and purchase agreements and other agreements in respect of real estate. Good understanding of construction process in ME;
- Preferably experience in corporate matters and registration: making amendments to the articles of association of Montenegrin companies, reorganisation of the companies, registration of transfer of title to real estate;
- Preferably experience in litigation.
Key technical skills required for this position:
- Obligatory language skills: English (fluent), including the ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability and readiness to work overtime and under pressure;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to draft/comment on complex contractual documentation (primarily relating to real estate);
- Ability to undertake responsibility and provide practical solutions;
- Attention to details;
- Negotiation skills.
- Honesty & Integrity;
- Team player;
- Initiative & proactiveness;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Tact and diplomacy;
- Passion for excellence and results;
- High organizational and planning skills.
If you believe you are the right person for this position please send your CV by using the option KONKURIŠITE NA OGLAS. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
* Note: In order to enhance your chance for entry to the shortlist it is very important to fill in detail all the fields listed in application form: add your CV in English and supporting documents that may be relevant to the given position (certificates, cover letter, references, etc.).