Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing payments on a weekly basis;
- Posting of statements on a daily basis, incoming/outgoing invoices, cash registers, advance payments to employees;
- Posting of temporary situations, amortization of advances, posting of inventories and recognition of cost of goods sold, cost allocation;
- Organizing furniture and equipment inventory process;
- Monthly calculation of accruals and, if necessary, the preparation/control of calculations as an accompanying part of the posting;
- Processing monthly payments and postings under lease agreements;
- Monthly insurance and sales commissions postings;
- Preparation of documentation for banks in accordance with the request;
- Inter-company reconciliations;
- Off-balance sheet posts;
- Accounting entries of fixed assets and updating database of fixed assets;
- Reconciliation of data from various databases/software with accounting data;
- Reconciliations with suppliers/customers, tax authorities, banks;
- Preparation and production of VAT reports on a monthly basis, as well as other reports for tax authorities;
- Cross check accounting entries with legislation and internally set accounting procedures;
- Preparation and production of monthly and annual financial reports in accordance with IFRS;
- Preparation and production of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with legislation;
- Communication with banks and preparation of reports in accordance with their requirements;
- Accurate and timely administration and filing of documents;
- Recommending modifications to work processes, suggesting ways to improve efficiency;
- Performing related duties as assigned by superior.
A successful Senior Accountant will have the following:
- 3 + years of professional accounting experience, preferably in high-volume environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel;
- Experience with accounting software platform/s;
- Fluency in Montenegrin and English, both spoken and written;
- Certified Public Accountant license is a plus.
Successful candidate must also be results oriented, thorough, with strong attention to detail and accuracy. He/ she needs to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure whilst adhering to stringent deadlines, as well as to adjust work schedule as necessary to ensure critical financial reporting deadlines are met. He/she needs to communicate effectively and demonstrate a team player attitude at all times. He/she must be able to work with little or no supervision.
If you meet the above criteria and you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please visit https://careers.portomontenegro.com/jobs/senior-accountant-nsk for details on how to apply.
All applications must be in English. Deadline for applications: position remains open until filled.
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in the process!