Bar manager (m/f)
PORTO MONTENEGRO is currently recruiting for a:
BAR MANAGER (m/f)
to join our team and provide the best possible experience to clients and guests of Porto Montenegro.
In this role, you will be responsible for Bar Manager duties which include but are not limited to:
- Tracking all relevant rules of the bar and health and safety standards at work;
- Maintaining clean and tidy hygiene standards regularly;
- Maintaining a bar that is always ready for use, tracking the stock and requesting delivery of products from the warehouse, when necessary;
- Creating lists of cocktails, wine lists and other drink menus as required;
- Ensuring that all drinks are prepared to the detailed specifications;
- Knowing the exact process from bar opening to bar closing;
- Keeping operating appliances clean and ready to use, handling it carefully and smoothly: coffee machines, refrigerators, juicers and other appliances for which they are entirely responsible;
- Making recommendations to the Supervisor concerning vast amounts of drinks, including wines, when it comes to special offers;
- Being fully familiar with the Garson system used in the service;
- Using devices and equipment according to the instructions, offering assistance for the best possible maintenance of the devices;
- Keeping the inventory and recording breakages;
- Creating staff schedule in coordination with the General Manager;
- Recruiting, training and supervising new members of the team;
- Performing administrative duties;
- Welcoming all visitors in an honest and welcoming way, always with a smile and a positive attitude;
- Addressing the clients’ questions about the city activities, cultural and artistic activities, sporting events and entertainment;
- Maintaining specific physical distance while talking with guests;
- Choosing appropriate ways to interact with the client, considering all suggestions and finding acceptable solutions;
- Participating in resolving the clients’ potential dissatisfaction and complaints;
- Informing superiors regularly about clients’ complaints as well as special requests;
- Actively soliciting clients and ensuring their satisfaction;
- Putting customer satisfaction first;
- Serving clients and taking orders;
- Maintaining proper appearance and personal hygiene in accordance with regulations and rules;
- Working in harmony with colleagues and respecting superiors;
- Respecting teamwork;
- Having good communication and relationships with other departments;
- Participating in training's and meetings within its department;
- Performing duties and additional tasks as instructed by superiors;
- Reporting in a timely and professional manner;
- Undertaking safety measures at work;
- Knowing how to handle emergencies in the event of fire, accidents, and in accordance with procedures.
To successfully fill this role, you should have the following:
- Experience in similar supervisory roles;
- Experience in team management and staff motivation;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility around work schedule;
- Good knowledge of common IT programs, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
If you meet all of the above criteria and you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please visit: http://careers.portomontenegro.com/ for details on how to apply.
All applications must be in English.
Deadline for applications: position remains open until filled.
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in the process!